Search This Blog

Friday 28 January 2011

Tonights the Night

Before I run through an update on my foetal love life, I thought I'd share a little experience with you.  Last night, and completely out of the ordinary, I managed to get a seat on the ever over crowded jubilee line (tube). Both Men and women were willingly moving out the way to allow me to access the front of the carriage, where one lone chair remained. Sitting comfortably in my seat, I realised I wasn't so comfortable after all.  There was me thinking that us Londoners don't deserve the harsh, mean reputation we've managed to bag, when it hit me.  The SMELL~~~~   The dude next to me had just let go of what smelt like the entire contents of his bowels in wind form. To say I was stuck for words is irrelevant, as I was more importantly struggling for air!!! From the smirking, well mannered passengers, I could tell that the look on my face revealed that I was now wise to the reason the seat was empty . That'll teach me to have high standards on the tube. Should have settled for the cramped nook under the overly friendly Ukrainian's armpit.  At least there I could breath.

The count down to the first date begins. He has emailed me to confirm again for tonight, and to apologise for not being able to 'go on some heavy clubbing night', as he now had an early start the next morning.  I thought we were just going on a casual first date, not preparing to paint the town Red.  It seems that he was worried that I'd think he was boring for keeping me out all hours.  I reassured him it was fine.  As little did he know, I'd already planned to end the date after 3/4 hours (The Rules) and make it home in time to see Hustle.  I loves me some Adrian Lester :-)x

Now, having meet my date online, I feel I need to refresh myself with his profile (likes, dislikes, interests etc) or order to have enough ammo for some Light conversation.  E&S advise that at all costs that I avoid all talk of my past relationships, my daughter, my emotions and his future intentions.  Damn you rules.  I feel like I've got a tonne of home work to do before I even meet this guy!  Also, it might be wise to quickly refresh myself on The Rules.  Damn it!!!  FORGOT MY BOOK!!!  Girls, I'm going in blind.

P.S.  I've also just noticed a ladder in my tights.  Please don't let this be a sign of the evening to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha.... looking forward to hearing what happens... but no if that the tights ladder further just take them off gurrrl!... The alcohol will keep you warm

    ReplyDelete